DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We offer support and services to over 20 million daily users, and make payments worth over 195bn a year.
We're recruiting Software Engineers in our brilliant digital hubs in Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.
We want devs and engineers with the skills to design, build and maintain government digital services that really work for the people that need them.
You'll write code that changes the face of public services, helps people get the support they need more quickly and easily, and helps transform the future of millions of people.
We want Software Engineers at a couple of levels – we call them 'Working' (SEO Grade) and 'Senior' (Grade 7). They're both high quality, hands-on jobs, where you'll shape the future of DWP, and the future of services used by millions of people.
Delivering World-Class Performance.
We want our Software Engineers to work with freedom and autonomy. We write code and make design decisions which shape the future engineering landscape of DWP.
We develop, build and support products and applications as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams, working alongside researchers, analysts, designers, architects, testers and more.
Together we use the latest and greatest tools and technologies to build applications and products that work for millions of users.
You'll be part of a thriving Engineering community of practice, supported by over 200 other engineering experts from across the UK, all united by passion and purpose.
We want you to be at your best. We'll give you the tools and time to build your capability, with coaching, mentoring, qualifications and formal learning, meet-ups or whatever else works for you.
We're looking for your skills and experience in the following:
- Recent experience of open-source technologies such as Java or NodeJS.
- Developing on cloud-based environments like AWS and Azure.
- SQL, Oracle and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB are requested.
- The skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support continuous integration.
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Micro service Architectures.
- A good understanding of TDD and BDD.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Birmingham, Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield whichever is most convenient for you. We work a hybrid model with 60% home working.
We pay up to 65,781 for the Senior Software Engineer role.
And up to 56,480 for the Software Engineer role.
Plus you'll get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of over 27%, worth up to 17,000 a year
And a generous leave package starting at 26 days a year, rising to 31.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Hybrid working – home working and some time in an office
- Flexible working family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
Stage 1: Application
Stage 2: Coding Exercise
Stage 3: Interview
We know how valuable your time is – finding a new job is stressful enough without having to do umpteen stages and round after round of technical exercises.
That's why we have a clear and succinct hiring process with THREE QUICK STAGES.
So click the APPLY button and get started with the next step in your career at DWP Digital.