Every day, millions of people search for their perfect flight, hotel or rental car on Skyscanner! Our team is responsible for delivering data science solutions that power data-driven products across all these verticals. Our goal is to ensure travellers receive highly relevant and personalised experiences that are optimised and scalable.
As a skilled Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering high impact projects related to data and modelling across a broad range of topics. You will own the full lifecycle of your project, including the discovery of business opportunities, supporting collection of our traveller and business data as well as the feature transformations and engineering with the development and monitoring of machine learning models. Since our models reach millions of travellers, you will be responsible for developing simple and scalable solutions at the highest standards.
Data Scientists at Skyscanner are working on exciting projects such as hotel and flights ranking, recommendation of destinations, price prediction, product inventory optimisation across 1000+ partners, among many other data rich projects. You can expect to formulate ideas, develop prototypes and work with engineers to implement models in live production systems.
The role will include:
- Research new ways of modelling data for actionable insights and product improvements
- Perform statistical analyses and build machine learning solutions to support Skyscanner product and business needs.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and marketing to solve quantitative problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Design agile and rigorous experiments to measure effectiveness of models, tools and programs
- Deploy and maintain models in production environments
Some of our expectations for the role include:
- You can communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical colleagues. You accurately judge the level of detail required in different situations.
- Youre comfortable with Python and/or R (Spark helpful as well)
- You have good data querying skills using variations of SQL dialects (Hive, SparkSql, Athena)
- You have experience of cloud platforms and software development tools (AWS/GCP/Azure, Git, Docker, CI/CD)
- You have worked 3+ years in a data science role
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment with teammates from a variety of disciplines.
- You can manage multiple stakeholders and priorities
- You effectively collaborate to identify and scope out new opportunities for data science work to positively impact Skyscanner product and vision
- You are happy to work mostly independently and ask for help when needed
- Actively look to evangelize Data Science across the Skyscanner.
What else can we offer you
Skyscanners unwavering dedication to our travellers and partners remains as strong as ever. Were confident that our travellers appetite to explore the world will return, and we are excited to navigate the new considerations of an evolving industry.
Already a global leader in travel, we want to elevate the way we work to a whole other level. In return, youll get meaningful things like medical insurance, health screenings, headspace subscriptions, a home office allowance and the option to buy more holiday. Youll have the opportunity to work from any country for 4 weeks a year, and 30 days in our other global offices. Everything, in other words, to help you relax and give your best.