About the Opportunity
We are creating a new internal system that is currently piloting for a handful of projects but if successful will be critical for the company and used on thousands. We are looking for a hands-on operations engineer to join our DevOps team at this early stage to help build the foundations for a reliable and scale-able site right into the heart of the project.
People are Jacobs' greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you'd expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations. Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We're happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
The role involves:
- Working with data software and devops engineers to operate scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture
- Develop a high degree of availability by weeding out failures
- Identifying bottlenecks and problems throughout the production infrastructure
- Driving projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical improvements
You will be a core member of the team working with data engineers, programmers, designers and analysts to help present this critical system for our Jacobs customers.
- Manage service levels through indicators, objectives, and stakeholder planning
- Error budget management and negotiation experience
- Problem management, measurement and planning experience
- Ability to promote the SRE mindset within the team
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Terraform, Azure resource manager)
- Azure data solutions experience (Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, etc.)
- Software development, GitHub and git workflows proficiency
- Ability to coach and develop lesser experienced engineers
- Ability to work well with others in multi-functional teams
- Cultivate innovation around you and have a growth mindset within
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women's – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team .
Your application experience is important to us and we're keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.