Working at the BBC is like working at Spotify, Disney+, ESPN and The Times all at once. A one stop shop for TV, Radio, Sports and News delivered through not just linear channels but also some of the largest digital services in the UK.
If you want to use and develop your analysis skills working in a fun team, doing interesting work and using that analysis to help us deliver our digital future then it's worth you reading more.
Where in the BBC is this role
- This role is in the Marketing Effectiveness part of the Data team in the Chief Customer Officer Group (CCOG).
- The CCOG Data team consists of 50 people split into four pillars, Digital Analysis, Data Science, Marketing Effectiveness and Measurement Technologies.
- These four areas work closely together and often in collaboration during projects.
- This team works across all areas of the BBC including Content, Product, Media and Strategy. The team works in a hub and spoke fashion with members either sitting centrally or embedded in Divisional teams as is best for their role.
About the Marketing Effectiveness Team
- Our Marketing Effectiveness Team is a newly formed team of 10 people bringing together our marketing science team with the research and ad-tracking team.
- The goal of the team is to ensure our marketing is performing against our business goals, ensuring the creative is impactful and Role of media understood and maximized.
- Undertake and deliver analytics project either of a larger scale or managing more than one project simultaneously,
- Deliver inspiring and actionable insights (rooted in robust data, analysis and measurement).
- Support Lead and Principal Analysts in managing projects and fielding queries, while sometimes being the pilot.
- Help to train and mentor junior analysts; and collaborate with analysts and technical teams across the BBC.
- Maintain high standards of presentation, including the development of new or imaginative ways of using or communicating data and insights.
- Ability to take on bigger problems and break down that down into smaller parts to deliver the solution
- Developing and maintaining documentation & knowledge hub.
- Helping non-data-oriented colleagues understand where analysis can help them with their day to day roles
Able to build and maintain strong working relationships where you might, as a specialist, have to manage expectations of more senior colleagues
Are you the right candidate?
- Working closely with the Direct Audience Engagement team this role will initially be focused on the owned part of media estate. In the case of the BBC owned media includes some of the largest digital products in the UK as well as the direct communications with the BBC Account base which is one of the UK's largest customer databases. (Direct Audience Engagement is part of the wider Media Division).
- Coming from either a CRM or Paid Media analysis background you will use your skills and experience to help us target our communications and analyse the effects of those communications on business performance.
- You will be both the data analysis expert in the DAE team and have the support of the other members of the Marketing Effectiveness team and wider CCOG data during the projects.
- You'll be hands on, this is a technical role. You'll be working with our behavioural and marketing data within our AWS environment using SQL and R/Python so you'll either have existing skills or a demonstrable ability to learn.
If this is still sounding good, then read the job spec for some more detail and apply today.
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: London or Salford
We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here