- Do you want design modern IT architecture solutions behind a once-in-a-generation digital transformation?
- Are you looking for the big challenge in your Architecture career – could you design user-centric solutions which support millions of people across the UK?
If you're interested and up for the challenge, click apply now.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital is looking for motivated Solution and Technical Architects to take on the challenge of solving complex problems, and designing services supporting some of the most vulnerable citizens in society.
We currently have opportunities in teams across our Leeds and Newcastle Digital Hubs, designing modern digital services for our Retirement Delivery Unit or the Child Maintenance Group.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
What You'll Need.
To take on this challenge you will need the following skills and experience:
- Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
- Micro-service and API-led architecture design.
- Event-based architecture design, patterns (including pub-sub and data streaming).
- Public cloud technologies, design patterns, and best practice (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Presenting to technical governance forums.
- Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies and best practices.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us at our digital hub in Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly.
We are a hybrid working organisation, so you can expect to spend some time in the office and at home.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to 67,000 per annum.
You'll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions up to 27.9% – depending on your starting salary that could mean we put around 20,000 in your pension pot each year.
The scheme is one of the best pension schemes in the UK public sector. But what makes it so good? We want members of the scheme to feel informed and empowered when it comes to planning for their financial future, but we know that pensions can feel complicated and difficult to understand.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.