Genesis10 is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a direct hire position working remotely with a major client in Ohio.
Note: This is a direct hire position, not a contract position. It is also a fully remote position.
We are in search of a Senior Software Engineer to join our innovative engineering team for next generation product development.
Our IoT outlook strives for consumer interaction with our products in new and unique ways. As a member of the IoT Cloud Software team, you will architect, design, collaborate, and bring life to IoT solutions alongside skilled engineers on the Mobile, Firmware, and QA teams. Understanding and materializing the vision for next generation products, you will build robust, scalable cloud solutions as a foundation for our IoT services.
In constructing and coordinating cloud product software from start to finish, including AWS cloud infrastructure, Android/iOS app interfaces, backend interfaces, and product firmware and systems, you will also develop various key features such as sensors, motors, and digital control interfacing to serverless clouds, mobile devices, and voice assistants. Beyond a doubt, we have an exciting roadmap ahead for digital products, thus necessitating growth and expansion of our team!
- Architect, build, and test IoT microservices to support APIs, MQTT topics, and business logic.
- Architect, build, and test data structures to support telemetry, usage, and business data.
- Provide expertise and guidance for Cloud solutions to product, firmware, and mobile teams.
- Mentor, develop, and grow Software Engineers.
- Optimization of microservices to be cost effective and fast.
- Provide support to software architecture, design, and implementation of software components related to our IoT connected products. Utilize efficient and compact software to balance tradeoffs spanning the cloud, device firmware, connected applications, and other backend systems.
- Design and architect data storage by balancing performance, cost, and storage tradeoffs through various database technologies.
- Collaborate with Embedded Software Engineers, Mobile Developers, DevOps, Quality Assurance, UX, and Marketing.
- Evaluate security best practices, trends, and typical models to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for connected products to meet stringent requirements.
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and implementation of software components related to our IoT connected products.
- Lead the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools.
- Develop efficient and compact software to balance tradeoffs spanning the cloud, device firmware, connected apps, and other backend systems.
- Actively contribute to and support challenging software implementation by creating the critical code foundation on top of which other members of the team can build.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of proven experience as a software engineer with progressively increased responsibility, including architecting and developing components or features.
- Practical experience in developing serverless or microservice solutions or N-tiered development.
- Practical experience in developing on cloud systems (AWS preferred, optionally Azure and GCP).
- Strong understanding of IoT solutions, having built or been part of a team that delivered an IoT solution.
- Practical experience building data structures (e.g., relational, document, graph) and data sources (e.g., NoSQL, RDBMS, files) for various data types.
- Practical experience designing and controlling APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility.
- Strong AWS microservice development e.g., Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon Cognito, Amazon API Gateway, DynamoDB, AWS IoT Core, Kinesis, SNS, SQS.
Salary Range: $130k – 160k/year + potential bonus. Benefits package will be shared through the interview process.
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please apply.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
‘Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V’