We’re the #1 peer-to-peer platform for student recruitment – at Unibuddy we believe no one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
Our technology helps improve the Higher Education recruitment journey by enabling institutions to offer prospective students real human interaction when making the tough and all important decision of where to go to university.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 450 Higher Education institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors to help fuel our expansion, and achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices on their Higher Education journey.
♂️* About the role:*
Technology is at the core of what we do. As a Senior Software Engineer at Unibuddy, you will be engaged in every aspect of building market leading tech products used by universities and students. You will participate in the ideation, conceptualization and building of these products.
The engineering team is focused on personal development and you will find an environment where you can learn, apply what you’ve discovered and ship it to production every day. You'll share your knowledge with other engineers and become a mentor to them.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
* Collaborating with your squad, designers, product owners, and engineers to define the future of the product
* Refine ideas and designs with your squad until they are ready to be picked up for development
* Improve our product suite by developing new features or fixing existing issues
* Setting standards: Creating new proposals to improve the coding standards of the team
* Optimising existing code, process, infrastructure and continuous integration
* Push amazing code to production!
*About our Engineers:*
* We collaborate. We program in pairs to complete sprint objectives as a team
* We think big and act fast to solve real-world problems
* We make the leap. We focus on personal development, learn, ask questions, apply what we discover
* We listen up and speak out. We have a constant feedback loop and adapt
* We work in a fast-moving agile environment. Our tech stack is ReactJS, Python, MongoDB and Cypress
*This might be for you if:*
* You have a passion for solving real-world problems
* You have 4+ years experience as an engineer and are looking to take your career to the next level. You've mentored other team members and inspire them to produce their best work
* Have experience developing backend code in common frameworks such as Flask, Express
* Have experience in building and or using microservices
* Have knowledge of static typings (eg: typescript)
* You enjoy building responsive and accessible React Applications
* Are eager to learn new technologies and best practices, as well as to share anything new you learn within the squad or wider tech team
If you don't fully understand our stack, the most important thing is that you’re willing and eager to learn! If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
* 25 days annual leave
* Flexible working options (1-3 days in the office)
* Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
* Team and company socials and away days
* 20 minute intro call
* 45 minute interview with hiring manager
* 2-3 hours technical skills interview and culture add