A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms.
Mozillas Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
In its first year on the market, our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, has seen rapid growth. Now, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work building new features and products to add to our portfolio. Since our products can be used by anyone with internet access, every engineer on our team has the ability to provide valuable tools to protect users data and contribute to a safer internet.
We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Monitor, and Relay. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions like Multi-Account Containers, and client-side apps. Our culture promotes participation, innovative thinking, and is inclusive of people from all walks of life.
What Youll Do
- Build and ship products to help users protect themselves online
- Build and maintain our cross-platform client-side codebase
- Provide guidance and mentorship to engineering team on native mobile development
- Collaborate with product, UX, engineering, and research teams throughout the product development lifecycle
- Work closely with the mobile engineers to ensure high quality, maintainable code and engineering best practices
What You Bring
- Several years experience developing mobile software products
- Deep understanding mobile OS and native mobile apps
- Experience with Objective C/Swift
- Expertise in mobile development concepts
- Proven ability to collaborate with a geographically dispersed team
- Fundamental understanding of online privacy and why it's important
- Passionate about open source software
- Experience with Kotlin/Java, Android application development
- Experience working on cross-platform products
- Prior experience with Agile methodology
- Experience leading projects, creating system architecture documentation, wikis, and diagrams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.