My client are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer who wants to be a part of a talented team, that develop a market leading AI and NLP platform. The successful candidate will have a real passion for Java Development, will be highly motivated and up to the challenge. This is a role that will give you a chance to make a real difference in the life sciences industry.
You can apply agile development principles and push for modern best practices in software development and deployment. You have the intellectual curiosity and discipline to explore the problem space beyond what is directly expressed by requirements. You believe quality is something we all take ownership of, and write high quality, testable code.
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Commercial experience with the software development lifecycle including requirements definition, specification capture, software architecture/design, program development, associated documentation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Experience with typical industry tools including standard libraries and frameworks, interactive development environments, software version control, build systems, automated testing frameworks, and bug tracking systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active, problem-solving attitude
- The ability to work in a close-knit, highly intelligent team
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification from a top university in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
Ideally you will also have some of the following:
- Cross platform development experience on Linux and Windows
- Experience of one or more of the following: application servers, database internals, data visualization, distributed systems, document processing, content repositories, full-text search, grid computing, information retrieval, natural language processing, semantic web, text mining, user interface design, or web services
- Good understanding of modern development techniques and practices, e.g., design patterns, peer review, continuous integration, and test-driven development.