Following creation of a new team within our clients Central Business Services (CBS), a Cloud & DevOps Engineer with a passion for Data Analytics is required to help build and drive a data analytics platform supporting client services.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of our team’s future and drive advancements in data analytics. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your role will focus on helping our client-facing teams to shape and grow a modern Data Analytics platform using the Azure cloud platform.
This will include configuration and management of PaaS components, utilising Azure DevOps for Application Lifecycle Management, monitoring and continuously improving the platform, guiding the business in how to get the most value from it.
Key responsibilities include:
· Acting as a subject matter expert for the Data Analytics platforms using modern DevOps patterns and techniques
· Define and evolve Analytics platform practices, standards and guidelines.
· Work with senior leadership to define platform strategies, including capabilities development.
· Hands-on management of the Analytics platform operations, including monitoring for compliance, ensuring appropriate data ownership and custodianship
· Monitor Analytics platform and work with user community to identify and implement improvements and increase adoption/utilisation
· Optimisation of cloud resources with a focus on best value.
· Be a custodian of the implementation of a managed Deployment Pipeline (incl. administration of users and the platform itself); ensuring best practices are followed from dev/test environments through to production.
· Collaborate with business stakeholders, project team members, vendors and operational teams as required.
· The role does not require any line management responsibility but could change in the future
Your professional experience
· Can-do, pragmatic, hands-on and innovative style of working
· Expert on Cloud (Azure) and PaaS / SaaS technologies with a particular focus on Data Analytics platforms
· Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering pragmatic and commercially viable solutions to new and existing business challenges or opportunities using DevOps and Data Analytics
· Working knowledge of DevOps/Application Lifecycle Management tools, particularly Azure DevOps, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a Cloud platform
· Experience working with containers, Kubernetes and the Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
· Strong knowledge of Data Engineering practices, including securely managing sensitive data at scale
· Strong working knowledge of SQL, PowerShell & Python
· Experience with monitoring solutions and experience of best practice and optimization
· Strong understanding of data science
· Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to articulate solutions to a senior as well as a detailed/technical audience
· Strong team player
· Experience working within software development or SaaS / cloud architecture groups
· Understanding of test frameworks for automated testing/compliance
· You invest in your own development by staying up to date on technology changes and have a broad awareness of wider technology trends
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members
· Experience coaching others in following best practices and new ways of working
For more information on this role, or others within the Software Development/ Cloud or DevOps industry please contact me directly on 02920 371821 for a confidential discussion. Or forward an up to date copy of your CV to [email protected]