Scala Software EngineerLondon
Radically Digital is a people-first consultancy building future-ready solutions using modern technologies that solve diverse challenges. We work with clients in a variety of sectors from telecoms/ broadband, fintech, NFTs, crypto, renewable energy, hospitality and more, located all around the globe. Our team has people from 25+ nationalities, speaking 26+ languages, with hybrid workplaces in London & Lisbon. We've grown from a small group of 7 at the start of the pandemic to 60+ across both offices and continuing to add RADs in the UK, Portugal and new locations in 2022.
You'll benefit from a fast-paced collaborative company culture, where you'll get an opportunity work on a variety of different projects. We use Agile Scrum methodologies and work in a cross-functional team across software developers, designers, product consultants etc. We offer L&D opportunities, impactful challenges and opportunities to progress your career based on your personal aspirations for development!
If you have experience in Scala and want to work in a team where you can make an impact from day one, then this role is just for you!
As a Scala Software Engineer, you will have an opportunity to work with well known brands within the renewable energy and crypto spaces. You're adaptable, open-minded and professional in every interaction. You can break down complex technical topics and explain them to non-technical stakeholders. You have a consultative approach and a solution-orientated mindset. You take time to understand client needs, nurture their expectations and support them in finding the best solution to their problem.
What you'll do as Scala Software Engineer at RAD:
As we're a growing business, your responsibilities and priorities will vary but here are some of the key responsibilities you'll have from the start:
You will have a chance to work with a wide range of clients working on both greenfield and established projects. You'll be designing, creating, and maintaining Scala-based applications. You'll learn and adopt best practices while delivering high quality code. You will work as part of a cross functional team on one of our clients projects, providing technical insight and making an impact from day one.
People are constantly learning and developing at RAD so we don't expect our candidates to come in being complete experts in what we do, but to show a genuine ambition to better themselves every day. If you don't meet all the requirements, please don't let that put you off from applying.
What's essential for the role:
- Experience Scala (with a focus on the functional programming)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with microservices
- Agile Scrum experience
Additionally, it will be great if you meet most of the below:
- Typelevel Stack – Cats, Cats-Effect, http4s, FS2
- Functional programming
- Scala testing frameworks such as ScalaTest, Spec2, AkkaTestKit
- Client facing, agency or consultancy experience
- Work well in cross-functional teams with Business Analysts, Developers, Testers & Designers
- Be hands-on, eager to learn and able to get stuck in from coding to creative design, analysis, research or documentation
- Ensure the security, efficiency, scalability of backend systems and services
- Genuine interest and curiosity for all things digital across mobile, social and web
What we offer
Competitive Salary – 58,000- 100,000 per annum (we'd be open to going a bit under or over depending on the level of experience)
- Flexible Hybrid Working
- Private Health Insurance (including access to dental, optical, and musculoskeletal)
- Enhanced Employer Pension contribution
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity Leave
- Company Share Options
- Training Budget allowance & Access to L&D
- Company Macbook Pro
- Extensive Mental Health support through our Mental Health Initiative & Aviva
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 holiday days (In addition to 8 bank holidays)
- WeWork office space with access to free drinks and food
- Regular Socials (remote or in-person)
At RAD, we're committed to our team's diversity, learning and development and mental health and we want to make sure everyone is happy here + has a good work life balance. We take pride in the work we do and encourage collaboration rather than micromanagement. Check out our culture doc if you'd like a further sneak peak into what work life at RAD is like.
Scala Software Engineer Interview Process:
If you need this spec in a slightly different format or special accommodations within reason, please let us know!
- Screen call with Lilly or Fliss from Talent Partnerships
- Technical Interview – Paired programming in real-time
- Founders chat with Bobby and/or Oli