Our client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer with at least 7+ years of recent C++ and Python development experience to join their Data Path team. The ideal candidate should have working experience in SaaS production and be well versed in at least one major public cloud.
Our Boston based client is a provider of cloud file services that allows organizations to store, protect, share, and access all enterprise files. For over the past 10 years they have been providing services in over 70 countries around the world. Their services provide a replacement for traditional network-attached storage (NAS) by consolidating file data in easily expandable cloud object storage.
Tech Stack: Python, C++, AWS
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Cloud File Storage functionality
- Take ownership of one or more existing data path components, design and implement new functionality, and maintain and support existing functionality
- Improve Datapath performance, scalability, and stability working closely with Python Software Engineers in Test, Quality Assurance, and NAS Performance teams.
- Participate in troubleshooting of customer escalations when required with our Sustaining Engineering team.
- 7+ years experience in C++/Python specifically in large scale enterprise projects
- Experience developing customer faced products
- Network knowledge, experience developing application protocols, HTTP, TCP/IP networking and databases
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming, algorithms, data structures, multithreading, IPC.
- Flexible PTO
- Incentive Stock Options
- Health, Dental, Vision plans
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Generous employee referral bonus
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.