The FFIO Fund of Funds Development Team provides core application design, development, and support services for the Fund of Funds product. The Fund of Funds product comprises applications that support portfolio managers and institutional clients to maintain fund of funds relationships, allocation rules, and rebalance targets for underlying lower-level funds based on holdings, market value, pricing, accounting, shareholder activity and portfolio manager instruction. The team is currently working on a modernization program to build the next generation fund of funds platform to be hosted on public cloud.
We are seeking top software technologists to join us to build the next generation Fund of Funds Platform. The Principal Software Engineer Developer position will be based in Westlake,Texas.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject area
- 10+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering especially in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Working experience within an agile (scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) development environment
- Working experience in Test/Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, uDeploy, Git
- SpringBoot, Angular 14
- Oracle DB
- You have proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have strong collaboration, communication and engagement skills and can articulate and document business/system requirements
- You have hands on Java/JEE and Open Source skills with the ability to build complex web systems from ground up or interfacing with existing systems
- You have extensive web service platform and cloud architecture patterns (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with Oracle databases is a plus
- Experience with Hibernate ORM
- Experience with Containerization (preferably Docker)
- Experience with Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) is a plus
- Experience working with source control systems (preferably Git Stash)
- Experience with financial services domains is a plus
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.