Principal Software Engineer
- Lead and shape a new platform
- Opportunity to upskill in Golang
- Flat engineering structure with an amazing culture
About the Company An innovative SAAS that has disrupted the market through its real-time data platform to help businesses make critical decisions. The product provides three vital real-time functions for retail and eCommerce clients – 360 single views of data, reporting analytics/business intelligence, and system integrations. Through their success of working with Tesco and Deloitte, they have grown from 20 to 100 employees in the last 18 months and not looking to slow down!
The GigYou will help develop & define the new platform including the roadmap and processing technologies for distributed computing. You will be working closely with the CTO and Head of Engineering, ensuring all requirements and views are met with the product. You will be an integral part of the engineering team and a core member of this project.
You come from a background in the backend development of low latency systems. You love learning new languages and are confident to upskill in Golang. You can work independently and work on your own without constant supervision.
- You have experience with Steam processing in Storm, Flink, Kafka, Dataflow, Samzao, Dataflow, Pulsa, Beam or Spark.
- Background in any backend language of C, C++,C#, Java, Scala and/or Golang
- Experience with integration systems
In return, you’ll get’
- 25 days annual leave, with options to purchase more
- Flexible work environment – hours and location
- Mentored by some of the best in the industry that care about your growth as a engineer
- Electric vehicle and cycle to work scheme
- A cashback healthcare plan
- Discounts on shops, cinema, and travel
- Learning culture with paid training courses
If this sounds like you, please apply so we can set up a call to discuss the role further and the next steps.