Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Principal Data Engineer where you will partner with product managers and data consumers to meet our internal analytics and client data needs. You will use our modern data platform – which uses infrastructure and tools like Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Spark, Databricks, Airflow, Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos – to meet your goals. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of data pipeline development from data discovery and design to quality and maintenance. As part of the larger Data Engineering team, you will report to an Engineering Manager.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable data pipelines and a scalable and resilient cloud data platform
- Design and build multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming large volumes of structured and semi-structured fast moving data
- Partner with Data Scientists and product team to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, code test and deliver
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data pipelines with Spark in Scala, Python or Java
- 5+ years of solid coding experience with Scala, Python or Java
- 4+ years of experience with data structures, algorithms, performance, and scalability
- 3+ Experience with Airflow or other workflow orchestration framework
- Interest in learning Scala
- Experience with data visualization or BI tools
- Exposure to data modeling methodologies such as Kimball and Inman
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Understanding of several data extraction and transformation techniques with data sourced in S3, MongoDB, and Postgres
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.