Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer with Python, Terraform and Cloud Platform engineering experience. The role can be based in Eden Prairie, MN or as a telecommuter work from home. Ideal candidates must be able to work central time zone core hours and attend morning meetings with off-shore teams.
If you are located in Central or Eastern time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work as a Senior Developer in Cloud data analytics space
- Develop Python programming for platform development
- Develop CI CD processes and implement full automation
- Participate actively in Agile product development life cycle
- High quality development, unit testing, integrated and deployment testing
- Handle product support (client issues, debugging, fixing and documentation
- Groom and help other team members with process- SME and mentorship
- IAC (Infra and Everything as code) implementation
- object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- TDD, pytest, and refactoring
- Teaching and mentoring coworkers through code reviews
- Uses design patterns to build clean maintainable application code
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or 8+ years of related work experience
- 6+ years of experience in IT industry as developer, SWE and code development
- 3+ years of experience working hands on development with Python, Terraform, Cloud development activities
- 1+ years of experience working in Agile development
- 2+ years with object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- 1+ year(s) using design patterns to build clean maintainable application code
- Experience with TDD, pytest, and refactoring
- Relevant background and expertise guiding and mentoring coworkers through code reviews
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Cloud certifications (Azure) a plus
- Understanding of other cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc.) and Snowflake end to end architecture
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.