Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 8:00am -5:00pm
Logistics at full potential.
GXO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Lead Data Scientist, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will conduct full life-cycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts to implement models and measure success throughout the organization
- Research cutting-edge machine learning and statistical models and identify opportunities to implement into daily operations
- Communicate with technical and business-oriented audiences
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Develop statistical approaches to solve complex problems
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Physics or another analytics-related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience in quantitative analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Airflow, Power BI, Tableau and Oracle BI, as well as Python, R, CPLEX
- Solid experience with SQL, VBA, data mining, data models and integration/extraction technologies
- Solid knowledge of statistics; experience using statistical modeling (logistic regression, SVMs, etc.) to solve business problems
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, including linear/logistic regression (advanced predictor selection techniques), classification (decision trees, random forests), Support Vector Machines (SVMs), neural networks, etc.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Data Science or a related field
- 7 years of experience in quantitative research
- Experience with text analytics (semantic research)
- Excellent research skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of time series analysis and statistical assumptions as well as familiarity with forecast reconciliation
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.