Wowcher Technical is a team of around 40 in a company of nearly 300. We are responsible for all the internal and external systems here at Wowcher and the company is growing fast…so life can be pretty hectic at times! We are looking for bright, motivated people to join our expanding technical team to deliver superb software in support of our continued growth. Work is a mixture of small business-as-usual changes, small-to-medium sized projects and large development/re-engineering projects. We value creativity, pragmatism, a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to get involved!
We're looking for a strong Java Developer to analyse, design, implement and test software modules on our web sites and back office systems. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will work well within an Agile team, with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Java 8, Spring Boot
- Strong Java development background (3+ years)
- Good communication abilities & team-working skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery frameworks
- RESTful service development
- Oracle, SQL, Hibernate
- Junit, Mockito
- Maven, Jenkins
- Messaging e.g. JMS, RabbitMQ
- Apache, Tomcat
- Play Framework / Microservices
- BDD, Spock
- Experience of a high-volume distributed eCommerce environment
- Elastic Search
- Asynchronous frameworks e.g. Akka
The successful candidate will be comfortable working autonomously and independently. A clear, logical thinker with a proactive approach to problem-solving and a can-do attitude.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
A job from TalentPool, powered by Cilla – the talent matching engine