We are looking for a Manager to lead our existing Management Information & Data (MID) team. This role will provide the MID Team with leadership and direction and will deal with the day-to-day management of the team.
The purpose of the team is to provide a professional, remarkable and timely service in the production and maintenance of data and the delivery of management information (MI) to partners, lawyers, internal and external clients in a busy, deadline driven environment.
The Insurance Data Manager will lead the team that are the custodians of the data in our Insurance practice and will take overall responsibility for insurance data, processes, design, collection and production of MI to our clients. An integral part of the MID team's role will be quality checking of data, cross checking with established data health reports, and core matter reports. This new role will work closely with partners across the Insurance Group to drive engagement on data collection, ensuring that data capture requirements are understood and delivered by the legal teams and MID team.
This new role will manage the MID team to ensure that client deadlines are achieved, ensuring that reporting quality and accuracy are at their highest level. They will ensure the team provide a fast, accurate, remarkable service and focus on client satisfaction, quality, reliability, efficiency and excellent client service/delivery.
At RPC we are keen to explore new ways of delivering our services for the benefit of our clients. As such, this role will be integral in the design and introduction of new processes and procedures and ensure that these are adhered to.
The Insurance Data Manager's main internal clients will be the Global Head of Insurance and partners across the Group, so building and maintaining these relationships is paramount in this role. The Insurance Data Manager will need to gain an in-depth knowledge of core groups and/or entities and will also need to fully understand and help lawyers to adhere to the strict requirements of our client SLAs.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Have overall accountability for data integrity and quality across the Insurance Group
- Establishing the necessary processes, ownership and controls around the flow of data from our lawyers into our claim systems and through to client reporting
- Take ownership (but not necessarily the delivery) of training and guidance for our lawyers and secretaries on data capture and data production
- Ensuring that data capture requirements are fully up to date, defined, understood and embedded in operational processes across the business to ensure timely, accurate and complete data
- To facilitate improved data quality by providing expert support for partners, lawyers and secretaries
- Take responsibility for the delivery of their contractual MI reporting
- Triage, size and prioritise MI requests
- Evaluate any requests for suitability and potential for any alternative/more efficient resolution
- Support the redesign and documentation of new processes to improve our data quality and reporting production process
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders across the business understand their roles in delivering the highest quality reporting to clients, this will include, training, one-on-one feedback to partners on the performance of their teams, providing and receiving feedback on the performance of our end product i.e. client MI reporting
- Working with key stakeholders to engage with our clients to understand our data quality performance and how we benchmark against other firms
- Working with key stakeholders to design and onboarding of new client MI requirements including, liaising with our IT systems team and operationalising the requirements into the practices
- Proactive support for our partners so their teams' data quality is understood. Where issues are identified, creating plans and strategies to improve data quality
- Working to ensure that the MI function becomes embedded in our ways of working and delivery of our service
- Handling and resolution of day-to-day data and information queries.
- Appropriately challenging how we do things with the end goal of improving our client experience
- Develop a new performance management dashboard for the purposes of tracking the frequency of MI updates, data quality and consistency
- Empowering lawyers with the knowledge of how to maintain accurate MI using the reporting tools available to them
- Monthly reporting to the Head of the Insurance Group to discuss the data quality and integrity of the group
- Proactively manage the team of MID Assistants
- Deal with all performance issues
- Identify and implement training needs
- Knowledge sharing across the MI team to ensure service delivery for all clients is at the highest level
- Manage team resourcing
- Quality checking / assurance
- Undertake all necessary team administration
- Identify and implement processes and procedures to drive efficiencies, including through technology
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks, as required
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience of working for a major insurance business in a data governance or data reporting role (claims, underwriting or broking) or a similar role in an Insurance Group within a law firm
- Detailed technical knowledge of data requirements for the insurance market would be desirable
- High level of understanding of insurance terminology is a must
- Ability to identify, validate and organise relevant data
- Excellent people management skills and qualities. Comfortable dealing with difficult situations and/or conversations
- Strong time management and organisational skills – the ability to work to multiple deadlines concurrently and deliver in an accurate and timely fashion
- Able to balance day to day operational requirements with longer term strategic objectives
- Excellent team player – the ability to inspire team members to work together to achieve results and collaborate with others to achieve success as a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a proactive approach to the role – ability to think on feet, work on own initiative and solve problems independently
- Calm and helpful under pressure, displaying a common-sense attitude with the ability to take, understand and carry out instructions
- Well-developed internal client management skills. Proven communication and interpersonal skills, adept at working with stakeholder at all levels
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders. Comfortable discussing performance issues / omissions / gaps in data and its impact on client experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills across cultures and languages
- Excellent attention to detail – numeracy, spelling, accuracy, grammar, interpretation and presentation
- Advanced excel ability is a must. MOS accredited in Outlook and Excel (advanced) (to be taken). A broad knowledge of Microsoft systems i.e. SQL, SSIS or other data visualisation tools would be desirable.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.