Head of Engineering & Technical, Blandford Forum, £67,000
The Purpose of this role:
As Head of Engineering & Technical you'll lead all engineering activity across manufacturing, capital investment and process development, within this award-winning manufacturer in Dorset. You'll be responsible for the delivery of the New Product Introduction (NPI) programme providing leadership and guidance to your teams across production engineering, QHSE, Facilities and Design.
As Head of Engineering & Technical your responsibilities will include:
- Process, system and people management.
- Applying strategies to continuously improve your teams and processes through evaluating challenges faced to mitigate future risks.
- Co-ordinating Quality Assurance and Health & Safety management systems to ensure compliance in all aspects.
- Assisting with effective new product development and project implementation as required by working with other departments (including Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing & Sales)
- Achieving business objectives & within agreed budgets.
- Managing direct reports, providing continuous improvement of the staff through mentoring and training & development programmes.
Experience & Skills:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working as a leader in a mechanical engineering/complex manufacturing environment
- Technical experience working across quality, environmental, health & safety, facilities, production engineering and design engineering
- Passionate about developing people
- Proven track record applying continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
Rubicon's client is a well-established manufacturer of quality and bespoke products, specifically engineered to meet the varied demands of the ever-growing health sector. Using innovative, eco-friendly technologies they have developed customer specific solutions for national government, public and private services for 70 years
As well as the competitive salary of £67,000 you will also benefit from an annual bonus of 4% bonus, 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays, 6.5% pension contribution and Life assurance
If this Role is for You
To avoid missing out on this Head of Engineering & Technical opportunity, call Jess or Amber on for more information about this permanent vacancy or apply to this advert directly.
Our team reviews every application. Please ensure your CV is submitted in Microsoft Word so that we can upload your details more easily to our system. If sent as a PDF it will cause delays.