JOB OVERVIEW – 5 x Software Engineers at all levels from Graduate level to Mid-level to Senior sought but exciting collaboration video conferencing tech solutions provider. Tech stack : Golang, Docker, Kotlin, MS Azure, PostgreSQL, CI/CD, Cloud.
Contract type : Permanent employment contract
Package : 50,000 to 120,000 + generous EQUITY, plus excellent benefits package
Location ; your local office is Cambridge and you must work out of this office for a good proportion of the time each week.
My client is a fully funded start-up of eight world-class engineers, developing exciting new technology and products in Cambridge. They're looking for amazing software engineers AT ALL LEVELS from Senior / Lead to Graduate to join the founding team to accelerate their products to market. All employees will receive very meaningful equity options and this is a fantastic rare opportunity as you will be viewed as a "Founding" software engineer! My client's "disruptive" technology is currently in stealth mode but they are proven experts in unified communications and collaboration video conferencing. You'll will get to work with engineers, entrepreneurs, and investors who, for the last two decades, have built world-class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion & most recently $716 million!
You will be excited to be part of a dynamic new start-up and happy to get stuck into a range of engineering problems. Examples include cloud solutions written in Go running on Docker, custom Android application development using Kotlin, DevOps work improving my client's CI/CD pipeline, and more.
- Implement high-quality software solutions in Golang and Kotlin in a cloud-based environment
- Utilise test-centric design to ensure highly testable and tested code
- Review code and actively participate in maintaining a strong engineering culture
- Design technical solutions and architectures where required, jointly with the product and engineering team
- Researching new technology choices and presenting pros/cons to the engineering team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Strong mathematics background
- 10 or more years of development experience for Senior Software Engineer level, 5+ years experience for Mid-level, 3+ yrs for Sofware Engineer or Graduate.
- You will enjoy keeping abreast of the latest developments in technology, tools, platforms, frameworks and languages
- You may consider yourself a polyglot software engineer and this is advantageous for these vacancies.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
- Rare opportunity to join a "disruptive" exciting start-up where you'll be given "founding" software engineer status and generous equity!
- The chance to join a company funded by investors and entrepreneurs that have built world-class network and communication technology companies that have sold for $270 million, $3.4 billion & most recently $716 million!
- Opportunity to work with a cutting-edge tech stack which will continuously evolve with your own influence!
- The chance to work with like-minded, world-class sofware engineers and genuine subject matter experts in their fields!
- Excellent training and personal development programme.