The Planet Group have recently been engaged by a leading organisation who provide technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global Aviation industry. We currently have an opening for a contract Full Stack Software Engineer within the UK team for 6-12 months with extension available. (Remote working available) Inside IR35 PAYE
We are seeking a highly motivated full stack engineer to join the Connected Aviation Solutions business unit. You will play an active role in the design and development of new digital applications as well as improvements to our existing digital portfolio. In this position you will be exposed to all software system components, including the UI, backend systems, database, performance tuning, security design, and mobile and desktop deployment. You will have the ability to grow your experience and explore new technologies within our cross-collaboration team setting that is leading this digital transformation.
This role will work closely with cross-disciplinary teams, including design, operations, project managers, and service delivery teams. This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
- Write, test, deploy and document code for reliable and scalable enterprise-level applications and services.
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Ability to architect web applications properly with clean abstraction between server and client with a nod to server-side rendering (SSR).
- Author, champion and have strong opinions on architectural standards and engineering best practices.
- Define design patterns that ensure performance, scalability, operability and maintainability and push teams to adapt these patterns.
- Create, review and optimize database operations in our applications.
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure continuous code deployments to production and test environments in Agile release cycles.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Professional software engineering experience
- Deployed production code and supported it: can you stand up your own stack?
- Familiarity with API Creation and RESTful services
- Server-Side Development: .NET C#, Microservices (Docker and Kubernetes highly desirable)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- Version control with GitHub or similar
- Experience working in an Agile environment and tools such as Azure DevOps or JIRA.
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on 0121 663 1491
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website.