About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience in ETL programming, Big Data working with Risk and Compliance Data. As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of general modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate with Risk and Compliance teams to understand their data and deliver on their requirements.
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 4+ years of experience in Hadoop Big Data ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing, and provisioning
- 4+ years of experience in understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- 4+ years of experience with Java and/or Python programming languages
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, Autosys, Apache Spark and associated Apache Tools.
- 2+ years of experience with Risk and Compliance Data handling in Banking Industry
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of complex enterprise systems and frameworks including frontends, middleware, services layer, database, backend and downstream interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases: SQL
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Experience with Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, or Apache Storm
- Experience in Distributed Computing
- Ability to provide and work from home office, occasionally
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, as needed.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.