Job ID:R0193243 Listed: 2022-06-02 Regular/Temporary: Regular Location: London
Job Title: Engineer DevOps
Corporate Title: Associate
You will be joining the Anti-Financial Crime Technology team and will work as part of a multi-skilled agile team, dedicated to improved automation and tooling to support continuous delivery. Your team will work hard to foster increased collaboration and create a Devops culture. You will make a crucial contribution to our efforts to be able to release our software more frequently, efficiently and with less risk.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems, building high-performance systems to process large volumes of data, using the latest technologies.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its Centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Work with other engineers to support our adoption of continuous delivery, automating the building, packaging, testing and deployment of applications
- Help teams to adopt modern delivery practices, such as extensive use of automated testing, continuous integration
- Modify existing applications to make use of containers, infrastructure as a service and platform as a service; ensure that new applications make use of these technologies and teach others how to use them
- Contribute towards a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond. Share skills and knowledge in a wide range of topics relating to Devops and software delivery
Your skills and experience
- You will have experience with a range of tools and techniques that can be used to make software delivery faster and more reliable such as experience in creating and maintaining automated builds, using tools such as Team City, Jenkins and Bamboo
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Mavan, Gradle, shell, bash, ruby or python. Some experience with general-purpose programming languages – preferably Java
- An understanding of automated testing (using tools such as Junit, Cucumber, Selenium and Protractor) and operating systems, platforms and infrastructure encompassing Unix and Windows, Docker, virtualization, PaaS and laaS technologies such as Open Shift
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP or SAFe
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.