Aker Systems was founded in 2017 by a team of experienced technology professionals whorecognisedan opportunity to provide highly secure enterprise data platforms to largeorganisations.Aker builds and operates ground-breaking, ultra-secure, high performance, cloud-based data infrastructure for the enterprise. Our proprietary technology solutions drive performance and reduce costs while helping our clients to improve the management and sharing of data across their organisations.
In 2020 Aker Systems wasrecognisedas a One to Watch on the Sunday Times Tech Track.The Company was alsorecognisedat the Thames Valley Tech Awards2020;winning the Thames Valley Tech Company of the year, the Emerging Tech Company and High Growth Tech Business categories.We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, and supportive place for you do your very best work.
Duties & Responsibilities
A UK Government Security Check (SC) clearance is required for this role. If you dont hold SC clearance, we will support you to apply assuming you have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help lead the development and development of secure cloud environments hosting data and batch/real-time analytical platforms for public and private sector clients, leveraging the latest commercial andMicrosofttechnologies and techniques.
This also involves building automated deployments using configuration management technology, deploying new modules, upgrades and fixes to test and production environments.
As a DevOps Engineer, the role will involve:
- Build, test and deploy cloud-based infrastructure and applications using CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Contribute to the coding of custom test automation frameworks
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
- Assists with setup/maintenance of environments for both manual and automated testing
- Assist in production support through the investigation and resolution of incidents
- Performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
- Assist in conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
- Participates in the contingency planning, including reliable backup and restore procedures
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field. An equivalent of at least 3 plusyearsof working experience in a DevOps capacity is also acceptable for this position.
You will have demonstrated the following competencies to the proficiency level appropriate to the seniority of the role:
- Commercial Experience in deploying and operating infrastructure (network, servers, services) and applications on AWS and other cloud environments
- Developing and operating using open source and commercial software within a cloud-centric environment
- Windows based server build and administration- Windows server administration (2016/19)
- Linux based server build and automation desirable
- Databaseskills Oracle andMongoDB
- GitHub/GitLab for source control and performing code reviews as part of the build and deployment cycle
- CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code technologies, e.g. Terraform and Ansible
- Test Driven Development with appropriate tools and frameworks
- Pipelines and Trending Toolkits (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, Drone CI )
- Write/maintain automation script usingPowerShell scripting is a must
- Knowledge of large-scale databases and distributed technologies, such as RDS
- Experience of cloud orchestration and containerisation technologies, such as Kubernetes and Docker is desirable
- Knowledge of distributed event streaming technologies, such as Apache Kafka (MSK) or IBM MQ would be a bonus
Aker Systems Attributes
At Aker we work as a team, we are collaborative, hardworking, open, and delivery obsessed.There is no blame culture here:try things, and take responsibility for the outcomes. You are always part of the wider Aker.We helpoutour colleagues and take pride in successfully achieving difficult tasks.We run towards problems and help solve them.Communicate always, do so accurately and in a timely fashion.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), Company Paid Medical Insurance, Life Assurance (4x times basic salary), Pension scheme, Perks at Work, Cycle Scheme, Tech Scheme and Season Ticket Loan. Plus, a list of voluntary benefits including Dental Insurance, Critical illness cover, Virtual GP.
Aker Systems fosters a diverse environment that encourages openness in its communications and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity because they help challenge us and find new groundbreaking technical solutions.