Job Title: DevOps Engineer / Senior Developer
Location: Hybrid Working, 2-3 days in the office (Hemel Hempstead)
Working Hours: Total hours 37.5 per week 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: 50,000 – 65,000 per annum + excellent benefits and superb working environment (Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Eckoh is an exciting, fast growing technology company providing large enterprises, who operate or use Contact Centre services, with innovative Customer Engagement solutions and Secure Payment services. Our clients include some of the largest and best-known brands across the world.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our clients make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We work in an award-winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing global infrastructure, developing enterprise level applications, and improving operational efficiency while driving innovation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled developer to further advance their knowledge and career in Cloud Native with a development path towards a career as a Cloud Native Engineer (CNE) or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
The position as a current focus towards AWS however the successful candidate should be able to user their skills to work in a true multi cloud environment.
- Working within AWS to architect and operate highly available, secure production services.
- Working with containers and utilising different methods of orchestration e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Develop applications to provide core functionality
- Configure / Build infrastructure using terraform (IaC)
- Debug complex issues in systems spanning multiple components.
- Researching, learning, and suggesting new systems to add to the core platform stack.
- Create pipelines and automations systems to improve the development process.
- Help train and mentor other developers / engineers
Skills / Requirements:
- 4+ years development experience
- Experience in React / React Native or other equivalent frameworks and/or libraries e.g., Zend, jQuery, Angular, Symphony, Laravel, Backbone.
- Experience with docker and containerization
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment tooling (CICD Pipeline, GitLab, GitOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with Scripting and Automation (Bash, Python)
- Experience debugging and maintain complex systems
- An expert working with development tooling e.g. SVN/Git, and ticketing systems e.g. Jira.
- Examples of self-driven learning and development
Highly advantageous knowledge and experience:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS or an equivalent cloud provider
- Knowledge of Cloud Native development philosophies including Pipelines, way of working, Cloud tooling etc.
- Training / experience with IaC / orchestration technologies e.g. Kubernetes, terraform, serverless framework
- Experience with Kustomize or Helm
- Familiarity with Linux systems and core applications (Ubuntu, CentOS, Cron, Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Node etc.)
- Familiarity with enterprise infrastructure networking e.g. Load balancing, Network segmentation, IP configuration
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
- Regular Developer Talks
- Core Hours policy (10am to 4pm, flexible start and ends agreed with manager)
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
So, if you are an innovator and love to find creative solutions to challenges, are passionate about helping customers provide exceptional service and a great team player, then you should consider working here at Eckoh.
Please click the APPLY button to be redirected to the company's website.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Developer, Software Developer, Web Developer, Software Engineer, Front End Developer, Developer will also be considered for this role.