We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join our team embarking on a journey to Cloud Native, from both a VM approach and Docker containers using public cloud services such as AKS. This will involve assisting with the design and development of mission critical financial messaging systems. Producing high level systems architectures for cloud, local Data Centre and fully on prem solutions.
You will also be assisting with the day to day running of existing development infrastructure including Jenkins, Artifactory, SVN, and Gitlab amongst others. Security consciousness is of course vital in all operations in our industry, and this will be a key requirement for the role. We work in an enterprise Agile environment with everyone playing an active role. There will also be opportunities to expand this role out across from development/QA into the wider team to ensure optimal management of services across the business unit.
What will work well with our team?
- We take a pragmatic approach to our work in an environment that blends fun with professionalism
- Amenable character with good positive attitude and innovative mind-set
- Comfortable working under pressure to firm deadlines in an agile and lean way
- Working with Scrum in a multiple scrum team environment
- Passion to produce great quality software and a great service for our customers
- Understanding of FinTech environment/software products
- Experience in delivering cloud based solutions with Docker containers ideally on Azure using AKS and/or using Kubernetes on prem.
- Artifactory/Jenkins administration, CI/CD, Build Pipelines
- Experience of Containers and Container orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of supporting services (for instance logging and monitoring) in a microservices environment and concepts such as Service Chassis/Service Mesh
Nice to have:
- Experience in API design/development using REST and HATEOS principles, following OpenAPI specifications
- Microservices development and design using Spring Boot or equivalent framework
- At least basic database knowledge of Oracle/Postgres or equivalent (INGRES a bonus) – SQL.
- NOSQL SOLR/Lucene indexing, Big Data solutions, Analytics – Apache Spark
- Experience with payment systems such as SWIFT, SIC/euroSIC, SECOM, SEPA, FED/CHIPS,
- or banking/financial services domain experience.
- Tech lead and line management opportunities possible with this role
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.