What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $46 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Read more about our initiatives here
What You'll Do
- Project Planning which will see you participate in Project and Quarterly plannings.
- Actively participate in iteration planning and estimating.
- Get involved in development and the creation of technical solutions.
- Assist the Engineering Team with code deployments.
- Provide scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
- Assist Engineering and others in troubleshooting problems.
- Documentation – Enhance documentation of infrastructure.
- Strong experience working with Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) on the command line.
- Excellent working knowledge of AWS (any certificates are a bonus)
- Experience with Docker/Docker-compose.
- Knowledge of Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell Scripting, with emphasis on Python.
- Exposure to cloud providers (GCP, Heroku, Rackspace, etc).
- Experience with SCM systems(Github, Gitlab, etc).
- Experience with administrating, managing, and maintaining RDBMS clusters.
- Experience with APM / Custom Metrics & Monitoring tools such as New Relic and/or DataDog.
- Experience managing “no-downtime” production clusters.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience interfacing and working with end-users and clients.
- Networking knowledge (7 layer OSI model – yes, it's old, but the method works, Firewalls, Switches, VPN's, gateways etc. and this will definitely earn you extra credit)
- Understanding of Agile SDLC.
- Experience with Mesos is a massive plus. Kubernetes experience is also a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP socket IO, HTTP vs HTTPS, FTP, SFTP and other protocols.
- Knowledge of SSL certificate generation procedure, CSR creation and key, cert and CA installation.
- Chef (or Puppet) experience (systems configuration tooling).
- Experience with Terraform (or AWS CloudFormation).
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You’re the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental and Eye Care
- Income and Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to £2500
- £750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours and WFH
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organisation, and we aim to recruit like minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.