We’re currently recruiting for x3 DevOps Engineers to join Technology and Software Solutions (TSS).
- Engage with process improvement activity, focussing on reducing excess cost and improving efficiency;
- Provide accurate estimates for projected work;
- Adhere to DevOps processes and standards, proposing new working methods, initiatives and technologies to improve the level of service provided by the team;
- Work with contemporary development practices (e.g. Scrum, BDD) and tools (e.g. ADO, Terraform, GIT);
- Collaborate with Architects and Developers to build and deploy new versions of applications to managed environments;
- Create and maintain technical documentation relating to DevOps frameworks;
- Complete impact assessments for any application change requests submitted;
- Provide input to the Release Manager for Release Scheduling;
- Provide support during go-live events as required;
- Liaise with Live Services, business areas and third parties in the investigation, resolution and escalation of problems and incidents.
What we’re looking for:
- Creation and maintenance of robust build, release, and test pipelines tightly integrated with the application development lifecycle and compliment agile/scrum development.
- Creation and maintenance of Infrastructure provisioning pipeline through Terraform
- Network provisioning with blueprints.
- Proficient in provisioning environments
- Proficient in User access control
- Proficient in Desired state configuration of the infrastructure
- Proficient in creating automation runbooks
- Proficient in scripting backups and scheduled jobs.
- Good understanding of cloud network setup and configuration.
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s colleagues, businesses and clients.
We design, build and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services – from working collaboratively with Capita’s businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, that enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You’ll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What’s in it for you?
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.