Salary up to 70,000
Hybrid working – travel to the office will be required a minimum of one day a week
We are Together – Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 700 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, your responsibilities will include development, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of Together Moneys hybrid cloud and on premise IT infrastructure. This role works closely with other IT teams to deliver solutions which conform to best practice, being well architected and scalable. As a key holder of technical knowledge, you will also provide mentoring to other members of the team.
- Participate in the build, migration, maintenance, and monitoring of cloud infrastructure (Azure & AWS)
- Ensure use of cloud infrastructure follows automation best practices relating to account provisioning, system settings, monitoring , performance, security and availability
- Assist development teams with production loads and deployments to Azure /AWS and review quality specification and technical design documents
- Participate in service desk support efforts and collaborate with team members and customers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in diagnosing and addressing issues with current on premise and cloud infrastructure (Servers, VMs, Networking, AD, SaaS implementations)
- Stay current on cloud technologies and best practices and advise on enhancements and opportunities to improve cloud infrastructure, automation, and utilisation
- Maintain, administer and co-ordinate vendor support for software and SaaS systems
- Participate in the evaluation of 3rd party SaaS/cloud-based tools
- Provide technical support for all existing and new technology used within the Group
- Provide technical knowledge, expertise and consultancy on infrastructure project work
- Develop and Support the Server, SAN and Desktop infrastructure estate
- Identify areas for improvement within supported systems by the proactive analysis of incident root causes
- Monitor , patch and maintain all environments (VMware & Hyper-V) to ensure agreed system availability, performance and security is maintained
- Act as a technical escalation point for 1st and 2nd line team members in order to resolve incidents and provide resolution
- Work with 3rd party suppliers and support teams to resolve escalated incidents related to the IT estate
- Extensive experience working as a 3rd line/Cloud Engineer
- Experience of working in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Azure & AWS cloud infrastructure, services, and offerings
- Experience monitoring the operational status and performance of servers, virtual machines, production payloads, blob storage, etc.
- Strong understanding of security controls around server and machine access as well as cloud account provisioning and access.
- Experience supporting end users with general troubleshooting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with DevOps Procedures and process and working in an Agile Environment
- Complex problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Hyper V & VMware vSphere
- Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019, Office 365, Linux Sever/Enterprise O/S, and Windows 10 & Apple IOS.
- Experience of MS SharePoint
- Strong working knowledge of Endpoint Configuration Manager/System Centre including Operations and Virtual Machine Manager, & Microsoft Endpoint Management
- Strong knowledge of WAN & LAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS
- Advanced knowledge/experience of IT systems delivery, maintenance and support
- Strong understanding of ISS, Web Services , Power Shell & Group Policy
- Azure & AWS Certification/MCSE/MCITP/MCVP/VCP Qualifications Preferred
- Results oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Accountable and takes ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working
We offer a range of company benefits, including 26 days holiday (plus your birthday) which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.