Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture using Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure PaaS, SSIS, Java Script and Spark
- Design and maintain programs required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Develop medium to complex algorithms using either Python or Scala on Azure Databricks platform
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep data separated and secure across functional boundaries
- Produce reports for the complete data landscape starting from inception to consumption for audit, balance and control
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a data engineering with ETL, SQL and database programming
- 2+ years hands-on expertise with Unix, SSIS or Java and complex SQL queries
- 2+ years Big data technologies using Azure data bricks, data factory and Apache Spark
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets using Big Data Tools, such as SSIS and Azure data pipeline
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server)
- Ability to attend daily Scrum meetings to understand the project due dates, deliverables, and deadlines
- Ability to help as needed in other functional areas of the project including training and analysis
- Solid analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.