REMOTE! Equity, 401k matching, consistently voted best places to work!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sharon Brown
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $145,000 – $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
Are you looking for a hybrid role? If so then read on! Our strategic focus on a combination of acquisition and organic growth along with our adoption of cloud-based technologies has quickly led to a massive shift toward rapid integration and delivery as a necessity to the business. To meet these challenges, we are building an ‘elite’ data architecture and data platform team that will welcome the challenges to architect, engineer, secure and enhance these environments and to deliver exceptional and expedient value to the business while maintaining the delivery and direction of the overall IT strategy.
Why join us?
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creates anddebugs ETL/ELT packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Pentaho, or other open-source programs
- Creates, debugs, and optimizes stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Collaborates with Data Architect and other stakeholders to understand requirements, relation between various data sets, and frequency of updates.
- Defines metrics and calculations along with the corresponding updates to the semantic layer
- Collaborates with the business community to identify, analyze and document data engineer’s needs.
- Collaborates with team in the design and development of reports and dashboards for various business units.
- Collaborates with and provides recommendations to senior team members regarding business intelligence (BI) strategy within the IT Department.
- Maintains and updates documentation for data engineer processes and procedures.
- Creates proof of concept (POC) using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Identifies and implements transformation and/or conversions necessary to provide consistent and usable data.
- Implements AWS services to improve ETL/ELT efficiency and/or real time reporting.
- Provides support and training to internal team members.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
What You Need To Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology is required
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience in the areas below, or any equivalent education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been demonstrated/achieved:
- Experience in TSQL.
- Experience in using reporting tools such as Crystal, Tableau, Power BI,or SSRS.
- Experience in Business Objectives, Data Transformation Services (DTS) /SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),and 3rd party ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience in an open source language such as Python, Java, PHP, or Ruby.
- Experience using cloud based technologies (ex:AWS).
So if you're a Data Engineer seeking a great opportunity please send your resume today!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.