Hybrid Chicago with Unlimited PTO & Top Benefit Package
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Ryan Kilroy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
Here, we offer comprehensive, plug-and-play commercial products and solutions for today's top pharmaceutical management teams.
The Data Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a cloud-based data management solution that underpins our advanced analytics capabilities. We use the latest cloud-based solutions and data management paradigms to build competitive advantage for clients in the pharmaceutical marketplace. The Data Engineer will directly contribute to our business success through best in market cloud architecture and technology innovation.
Why join us?
- Understand business requirements and translate those requirements into clean, efficient, and scalable application and data management code
- Use Python, Spark, CSS, SQL and the AWS cloud computing suite to implement Applications and ETL scripts
- Utilize a suite of cloud-based data management capabilities on Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Lambda, EMR, Athena, EC2, and S3 to automate data transformation, QA, and report generation
- Build and maintain critical components of NGP’s cloud computing product suite using Lambdas, API Gateway, Step Functions, DynamoDB and other innovative AWS-based solutions
- Continuously enhance the codebase to maximize performance, accuracy, and usability
- Clearly document all code so that all members of the data and analytics team understand methodologies and design decisions
- Work collaboratively with NGP’s small and fast-paced team of engineers to advance market leading data capabilities
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, information systems, computer science, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in high-volume data management programming
- Extensive programming experience with Python
- Experience configuring and working within Amazon’s cloud data suite S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions
- Strong working knowledge of SQL or SQL-like data management languages
- Experience with using AWS database solutions including Athena, DynamoDB, and Redshift preferred
- Experience implementing and maintaining a secure cloud environment and infrastructure preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
- Self-directed to understand the business and propose new and innovative solutions
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to work and team
- High attention to detail and accuracy of deliverables
- Solution oriented, problem solver
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.