Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is succeeding at helping people live healthier lives by taking a different approach to health care. OptumCare uses a commonsense approach, focused on avoiding jargon, finding more efficient ways to operate, and providing great, in-the-moment service. We provide that service by making sure serving our patients and providers is always the first priority. Each department works from the same central idea: ‘How does this affect the service we provide?’ Because of the extreme commitment to service, OptumCare focuses on recruiting passionate employees who will take advantage of being empowered to provide the highest level of service at each and every step.
OptumCare is a network of health care providers in local markets whose mission is to help providers deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each patient they serve. OptumCare’s primary focus is on doing the right things for patients, physicians, and the community. It uses an innovative service model focused on measuring what matters and increasing efficiency and performance while providing the highest level of customer service. This model allows OptumCare to make a difference each day by delivering highly personal, customized care management to its patients.
This position requires a unique skill set that includes working with cross-functional leaders on complex projects by providing comprehensive analysis that leads to data-driven decisions. This individual will be responsible for collecting and using data to create and perform queries, and analysis of data; as well as the development of complex ad hoc and recurring reports and dashboards. This individual will develop reports and dashboards utilizing VBA programming, Power BI MicroStrategies, and/or Tableau, which may include performance metrics at the individual, supervisor, program, and executive level. Reports are generated, stored and delivered daily, weekly and monthly. Customers include service center operations leadership and frontline staff, as well as internal and external Senior Executives. To be successful in this role, the Data Analyst must be able to interpret business requirements, provide best practice consultation, and develop reporting meeting the needs of the business. In addition, the individual must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, self-audit for data accuracy, maintain data integrity, and delivering accurate reports/dashboards on-time.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Consult with the business to define and document reporting/dashboard requirements
- Assist in the implementation of reports and dashboards for new or expanding business
- Extract raw data from primary and secondary sources using Automated tool
- Develop and maintain databases and reorganize data in a readable format in SQL
- Develop systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting
- Maintain data integrity by analyzing data for completeness to meet business objectives
- Build complex reports and dashboards using Excel VBA, Power BI, MicroStrategies, and/or Tableau
- Performs data analysis, identifies trends, performance gaps, and process improvement opportunities
- Recommends opportunities and/or action plans for improved performance based on business need and observable trend
- Track team project workload via Smartsheet
- Respond quickly to and effectively manage priorities for project requests, deliverables and deadlines
- Be flexible and work comfortably in a dynamic setting
- Work both independently and as part of a team to complete objectives
- Provide explanation and interpretation within area(s) of expertise
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area(s) of expertise
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and leadership ensuring messages appropriately tailored to audience whether delivered verbally or in written format
- Ensure all project requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and support traceability with reviews with stakeholders to obtain approval/sign off
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Excel VBA programming experience
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization tools (Power BI, MicroStrategies or Tableau)
- 1+ years of experience using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- 1 + years of experience developing and maintaining databases in SQL
- Experience managing multiple priorities and supporting complex projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking experience and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience working with Smartsheet
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience in the healthcare industry with exposure to working with call center teams
- Manage time effectively while meeting expectations of stakeholders and business needs
- Ability to influence with and without direct management/authority
- Ability to support innovation and work in a changing environment
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer/consultant relationship and collaboration skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.