Thursday 15 December 2022
52,912 – 85,982
We support agile working click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Cloud Platform DevOps Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Leeds; Halifax; Bristol; Manchester; Edinburgh or London
Salary & Benefits
52,912 to 85,982 base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands – including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland – as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help.
Our Environment Provisioning team is looking for an experienced and passionate Cloud Platform / Dev Ops Engineer with strong hands-on development & infrastructure CI/CD experience. You’ll be an active and leading member of a cloud-focused team of engineers working on one of the Group’s flagship projects to deliver a strategic multi-cloud platform that will enable the business to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank’s vision for 2022 and beyond!
The role will have end-to-end accountabilities including:
- Shaping the Management Services Cloud-technology roadmaps which is driven by the desire to enhance the developer experience and drive self service environment creation
- Finding opportunities & use-cases for new features and cloud-based products
- Collaboratively working with the business and other engineering teams to design then build and release enterprise-class solutions that progress the programme’s roadmap
The role will require you to be ‘hands-on’ and will blend both deep domain and technical expertise.
What you’d get involved with:
Driving opportunities for, and delivery of enterprise-class automated solutions
Identifying shortcomings and opportunities, including use cases for new features to drive the developer experience and drive automation of environment provisioning
Analysis and evaluation of the feasibility/relevance of proposals for complex products/services, then develops and amends as necessary
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Development Experience Background with a more recent move to Cloud & Dev Ops Infrastructure
- Experience of Git & GitOps
- Strong experience of IaC especially Terraform Enterprise offerings
- Strong experience of scripting language (Python, Bash, etc)
- Experience of building / setting patterns for CI/CD pipelines including e.g. Github Actions, Azure DevOps, YAML etc
- Experience building services on a cloud platform (pref. on Azure)
- Experience of developing serverless applications especially Cloud functions
- API experience desirable e.g. RESTful API development & deployment
- Experience of using relational or NoSQL Cloud Databases from an application point of view
- A keen follower of engineering best practices such as TDD
- Comfortable collaborating with the team & mentoring junior engineers
- A good understanding of Cloud Security and the benefits of guardrails
- Recent practical experience administering a cloud platform
- Recent Cloud or Certification related to the above
- Go lang experience or designing CLIs
- Other Hashicorp products e.g. Sentinel, Vault
- Prior Solution Architecture Experience
- Experience of Containerisation & Kubernetes
- Cloud Platform / DevOps engineer with a passion for IaC
- Competent in ‘core’ cloud skills like IAM, security, networking
- Experience in designing and developing cloud services & CI/CD using automation, IaC
- Awareness of enterprise security concerns like zero trust, least privilege, minimising blast radius, preventative guardrails
- Able to develop new features where other emerging technologies present an opportunity
- A skilled collaborator working across the team with architectural, business, and other engineering leads to shape, design and engineer solutions
- Continuous curiosity to learn and develop themselves with industry standard methodology methods and tooling in the cloud function
- Technology agnostic and are willing to adapt their approach in pursuit of the best solution
We are flexible on location across any GS&S hub location. As a team we have all embraced working from home. We fully support the new developing workstyles, taking a flexible approach to 'future of work'!
We know that a 9-5 doesn't work for everyone so can be flexible to a variety of working patterns. Whilst we can't accommodate every option we are happy to consider any request.
We’re committed to building a team which re’ects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
If this role this sounds like it could be for you, please click apply.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.