Cloud Engineer – Sainsbury's Bank
Hybrid working with base location of either Lochside (Edinburgh), Manchester, Milton Keynes, Widnes, Coventry or Holborn (London).
In a nutshell
You will be working in one of the fastest growing and dynamic areas of Sainsbury's Bank and supporting us in delivering an exceptional cloud infrastructure for all our customers. You'll help to define and establish a continuous delivery approach on our AWS cloud platform. You will be working closely with other members of the agile community with the Bank, including the Product Owner, Solution Architects and other DevOps Engineers supporting and developing the bank's cloud infrastructure.
Sainsbury's Bank are proud to have developed a cloud platform that underpins some of our most critical services. The team is new and growing rapidly, looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to Sainsbury's Group's industry leading reputation.
What you need to do
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud Operations working within a team engaged in delivery and running the cloud platform to ensure the scalability, reliability, security and efficiency of the environments that host Sainsbury's Bank applications.
As a Cloud Engineer you will:
- Support the delivery of best in breed cloud services to Sainsbury's Bank within a Cloud function. Help the bank achieve its objectives of delivering an internal PaaS platform and several other exciting cloud native services.
- Deploy and configure production systems, with a particular focus on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability and security.
- Collaborate with other DevOps Cloud Engineers across the Sainsbury's group to help design, and implementing automated pipelines in the cloud.
- Input into design, collaborating with other engineers and architects to ensure that solutions help customers and achieve the Bank's goals
- Work to understand operational impacts to architectural Cloud decisions
- Monitor new features/functionality and assess their Ops implications to continuously improve services, make recommendations to the Senior Engineers/Cloud Ops Manager on where improvements can be made.
- Ensure Identity and Access Management controls are in place and strictly adhered to
- Execute tests of all technical changes before deployment to live
- Triage support questions & diagnose specific query performance issues, seeking support from the Senior Engineers where required
- Monitor infrastructure and react to event driven alerts appropriately.
- Perform other integration and Dev/Ops activities for Cloud Operations as required.
- Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
- Focus on self-development and upskilling on delivering code and evolving cloud services
What you need to know
- Have experience of working with Agile delivery teams in a fast paced, DevOps environment
- Have an understanding of AWS services and how to utilise what the cloud has to offer to build highly secure and scalable infrastructure
- Some experience of writing infrastructure as code.
- Experience in one or more programming languages and Terraform experience is desirable.
- Be diligent and positive about tracking (JIRA), system monitoring, security, auditing and other ways of ensuring the quality of the platform and the processes around it
- Understanding of source and version control tools such as Gitlab
- Understanding of Service Operation & ITIL responsibilities
- An up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base
- Previous experience as a member of a Cloud team within IT Operations is desirable.
What you need to show
- Self-starter, strong initiative and commitment to learning
- Idea driven and feed your insights to the Cloud Operations Manager to continuously improve the platform
- Be an active contributing part of an agile operations team
- Logical approach to problem solving and an excellent attention to detail
- The ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business
- Ability to quickly understand issues and reporting scenarios
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits.
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We've got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
A little about us & our culture
We're proud of our heritage as the UK's first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We're a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers' financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury's Group, being one of the UK's most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
It's important that our colleagues reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Our inclusive recruitment policy means we're committed to training and developing all our colleagues, treating everyone fairly and equally when they come and work with us.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.