A very successful multi-strategy, global prop trading firm headquartered in Chicago of 10+ years are looking for a passionate C++ engineer to play a pivotal role in the buildout of their brand-new office space. Your challenges will be varied and will include but not be limited to the implementation of new trading strategies, frameworks, libraries, data feeds and risk management tools. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment with daily production releases and a flat structured office environment then apply below.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with Quants, Traders and other engineers to help design, implement and deploy low latency, high throughput trading systems.
- Create and improve tools, libraries and frameworks.
- Investigate and fix problems with production systems in real-time.
- Collaborate with technical and business peers to develop new trading strategies.
- Conduct experiments and analyze data to pinpoint ways to improve technical performance and new trading opportunities.
What you will need:
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or any related engineering discipline
- 5+ years software development experience in modern C++
- Skills in network programming (TCP/IP), multi-threaded applications, computational intelligence, real-time programming or GUI programming
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A solid foundation in programming with the ability to think, communicate, and code clearly
- Strong communication skills to advocate your ideas in a clear and concise manner to the team
- Experience with SQL database, mutli-thread programming, STL & Boost.
- Prop trading industry experience is not required but is welcome.