Genesis10 is seeking a Backend Engineer for a contract with our client in Minneapolis, MN
As a Sr. Backend engineer, you will be working with a product team, focused on doing backend work (primarily), building backed APIs, Microservices & distributed messages & streamsets. The immediate requirement for this role, for the first 3 – 5 months, is to build integrations from & to SAP backend systems. The integrations could be exposing or consuming API's (or) building publisher-subscribers to pub/sub messages from / to message queues.
A nice to have is to bring on a full-stack person who could also do some frontend work.
- As a Software Engineer (contractor) for NA Digital Solutions, you are an experienced and motivated hands-on engineer with strong technical capabilities and possess proven software engineering skills to achieve results as a member of an agile team.
- You will participate in the architecture, design, development, and support of digital solutions in our digital portfolio, currently being developed.
- In this role you will join a passionate, empowered agile engineering team that discovers and delivers solutions to complex problems and enables client's digital future.
- You are comfortable managing competing priorities and can bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
- You will contribute sound architectural, engineering and security practices to ensure your solutions are scalable, resilient, and robust.
- Develop, test, integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot software solutions using sound software engineering patterns and principles
- Develop testable code with attention to code quality and incorporates security practices in newly developed and maintained applications
- Create libraries and application programming interface to automate components of the continuous integration delivery platform using appropriate system level language to help automate customer use cases.
- Be a part of an agile team, adopt agile philosophies, participate / facilitate agile ceremonies, and contribute towards continuous improvement through feedback
- Participate in peer code reviews both as a submitter and coach as a reviewer providing feedback to engineers
- Incorporate client's engineering and development best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and security principles to deliver high-quality code rapidly
- Java & related tech for backend work, Apache Pulsar or any Distributed Messaging & Streaming tech.
- ‘ Experience working on web technologies – front-end or server-side development, database / SQLs a plus
- ‘ Experience practicing DevOps engineering principles such as continuous integration/continuous development, test automation with unit testing and code coverage
- ‘ Experience implementing application security
- ‘ Knowledge of using development standards to build secure and quality code
- ‘ Knowledge of working on cloud technologies or cloud native development
- ‘ Deep knowledge and understanding of Git based version control system with strategies around branching, releases, and deployments
- Angular, Full stack experience with ability to switch between front-end & backend work as needed.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply ASAP!
Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, let's connect today!
Benefits of working with Genesis10:
‘ Medical, Dental, HSA, 401k, etc are available.
‘ Bi-weekly payroll.
‘ Established consultant re-marketing program that provides meaningful and challenging on-going opportunities.
‘ Downtown parking allowance.
‘ Delivery Director for employee success and support.
‘ $1000 referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income.
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com ‘Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V’