Genesis10 is seeking a AWS Solutions Architect for a contract with our client in Minneapolis, MN
The Cloud and Platform department under the Client Digital & Technology Team is responsible managing the following platforms within Client US:
– Container and Messaging (OpenShift, EKS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
– Datacenter infrastructure
Our client is seeking an experienced AWS solutions architect to help design, build, deploy, secure, and maintain applications and critical infrastructure. AWS has been chosen as the preferred cloud provider for all Client US application workloads. You will work along side the Senior Principal Engineer over Cloud and Platforms to:
- help the organization adopt cloud-native solutions,
- enforce AWS best practices during and after workload migrations,
- enable development teams to move more quickly with an emphasis on self-service provisioning,
- modernize existing workloads,
- and apply the AWS well-architected framework on appropriate solutions.
Individuals applying should have extensive hands-on experience with AWS;
- a focus on using open source technologies is particularly valued.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly available/fault tolerant solutions which meet enterprise and security standards
- Troubleshoot a wide range of issues in AWS (IAM/SCP, Security Group, NACL, Infrastructure)
- Work with engineering/business teams to help adopt cloud-native solutions and modernization existing applications
- Work with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Vagrant/Test-Kitchen, and Terraform
- Provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- Status updates and meetings
- 8+ years of hands-on Systems Administration (preferrably Linux-based systems), Systems Architecture, Software Development or other relevant disciplines
- 5+ years of designing and managing services and applications in AWS at enterprise scale
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and scripting languages
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems.
- AWS Certifications // Solutions Architect Associate and/or Professional
- BA/BS degree
- Extensive, enterprise-scale AWS experience with current certifications
- Experience with scripting/programming and systems administration
- Excellent follow up and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with Chef and Terraform
- Comfortable working in a non-GUI development environment with MacOS-based end-user devices
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply ASAP!
Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions, let's connect today!
Benefits of working with Genesis10:
Medical, Dental, HSA, 401k, etc are available.
Established consultant re-marketing program that provides meaningful and challenging on-going opportunities.
Downtown parking allowance.
Delivery Director for employee success and support.
$1000 referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income.
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V