Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software Engineer will be part of the Test Automation team and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing automated test scripts ensuring the quality and timely delivery.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop and execute complex automation scripts using automation tools for regression, functional and load testing of different functional areas
- Develop Performance Monitoring scripts to be used for system performance monitoring for Windows and Web applications
- Design, develop, and execute Process Automation script suites to address company needs for automating repetitive back office tasks
- Develop benchmark and threshold values for Performance Monitoring Scripts while anticipating customer needs
- Serve as a key resource in evaluating software implementations for impact to existing Performance Monitoring, Process Automation and Regression Testing Scripts
- Create and direct the completion of work items to maintain and update existing scripts based on this evaluation
- Monitor and analyze Performance Monitoring and Regression Testing script results to ensure system performance meets expected benchmarks. Proactively develop solutions for trends and issues identified. Report discrepancies to Supervisor and Development Manager
- Troubleshoot complex scripting problems, develop innovative solutions and investigate various related business processes to assess the feasibility of introducing, implementing and maintaining automation
- Assist and mentor Automation QA testers in learning and developing automated scripts. Provide recommendations for improvement and share explanations and information to support team development
- Participate in full test cycle, including Integrated System testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Develop complex test cases, procedures and automated test scripts for software implementation tasks anticipating customer needs and proactively testing solutions to meet functional requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- 2+ years of Web Application development experience using .NET framework and C#
- 2+ years of Test Automation Script Development experience using Selenium and C#
- 2+ years of Web API development experience using C#
- Experience in writing complex SQL Queries
- Experience in developing Automation Test scripts using Page Object Model
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, large scale Agile/Scrum development environment
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Math/MIS or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience using T-SQL
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience in Git, GitHub or similar source control framework
- Understands CICD components and incorporates in-sprint automation, Regression, Integration test suite
- Knowledge of Automation frameworks
- Ability to improve on existing automation processes to improve quality and efficiency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.