Chief Digital Officer Africa – Organisational Culture Driven By Digital Transformation
The Chief Digital Officer Africa conference is the region’s only meeting place for Chief Digital Officers and digital professionals who are enthusiastically navigating the digital transformation journey within their organisations. This is the only forum where senior leaders tasked with the optimising of business processes can gather to discuss the intricate reality of their transitional roles.’
What does digital transformation mean to you and your organisation? Who is leading the digital transformation agenda? How are you being enabled and who covers the cost?’
It is said that the global economy is in the fourth industrial revolution – the Digital (R)evolution – but what exactly does that mean for Africa? The continent is a leader in disruptive technologies where “digital disruption” was in fact necessity. Enabled by mobile technology, African businesses are adept at finding innovative ways to interact with customers and improve internal processes. One can no longer sit back and accept the tried and tested. Soon you will be left behind.’
However, executives in a number of organisations are still demanding proof that customer centric and digital transformation programmes deliver significant measurable ROI. How does one drive a paradigm shift that will ultimately change the entirety of the business without necessarily directly impacting the bottom line?’
To help with this discussion, we are pulling together Chief Digital Officers and heads of digital together to brainstorm ideas in an objective and interactive environment. These discussions will not only bring a sense of fellowship, also deliver insight and give some clarity for the path ahead.’
Under discussion at Chief Digital Officer Africa:
- The role of the CDigO: What is the mandate of the CDigO? How long will this position exist? How would you measure success?
- Optimisation vs Transformation: Is upgrading and automating IT systems enough? What does digital transformation mean to your organisation?
- AI/Machine Learning/RPA: The role of AI, Machine Learning and RPA in leading digital disruption. Creating intelligent systems that interact with customers and employees.
- Customer centric culture: Is the purpose of going digital to better serve the client only? Why should internal processes be adjusted first, and why your UX should be the least of your priorities.
- Employee value and retention: Is it possible to minimise job losses and upskill your employees through digital transformation? How can you avert a job loss crisis while bringing your business into the 21st century.