Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system for the Structured Equities Finance business. You will work with a team innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will be tested in problem-solving in both a business and technical context. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems
- A strong, disciplined approach is required to take ownership of the end to end product design and delivery.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of partners including Front Office Trading, Product Dev teams, QR and other Tech teams to deliver the best solutions.
- Ability to coach and grow the direct team as well as those in other teams you interface with on a daily basis.
- Provide strong technical leadership, continuously raise the bar across the teams, ensure architectural integrity, and design solutions for resilience and stability.
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in a quantitative field, e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics;
- Outstanding problem solving skills;
- Excellent software, algorithm design and development skills. Must be passionate about software design and writing high quality code;
- Professional python and OO experience with proven track record of high quality successful delivery
- Experience in leveraging in house financial platforms such as like JPM’s Athena ideal
- Experience in finance is highly desirable, especially expertise in Prime Brokerage / Financing;
- Excellent communication skills, adaptive to both technology and business users alike at all levels