I am recruiting for TEMPORARY job in school in East London to start ASAP. This is a full time TEMPORARY job
Main purpose of the job :
To maintain and develop efficient and effective whole school information systems ensuring accurate and current data is available as appropriate that meets the MIS requirements of the school. Information will be provided to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, teaching and administrative staff and the local authority and government agencies and will include data and extracts in summary, statistical and graphical forms.
To ensure that necessary measures are in place and are implemented to comply with relevant legislation and best practice.With the constant changes in ICT, priorities and software are likely to evolve or change over time and the postholder should be flexible in their approach to the role
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the raising of student achievement. This will include working with senior leaders to determine and develop better use of data (both internal and external) and the management of our assessment and progress tracking systems.
- To lead and manage a small team.
- To proactively exploit the potential of the school’s Management Information Systems in terms of linking contextual, attendance, assessment and attainment data to aid strategic planning. This will include the provision of information in line with the school’s data calendar.
- To maintain and develop the school’s SIMS MIS, with overall responsibility for ensuring the system is kept up to date, effective data input and making sure all data remains current and secure. This will include creating reports, advising/developing systems and working closely with colleagues in the school’s administration office as appropriate and reviewing, monitoring and reporting on data protection and freedom of information procedures.
- To carry out training of staff as appropriate.
- To closely work with senior leaders on the production of the school’s timetable (SIMS and Nova T) and to keep this up to date and well maintained.
- To provide data and reports on a regular and ad hoc basis as requested by the management and staff, as well as analyses and extractions for the school, local authority, DfE and other agencies. This will include collation of national data (CATs, GCSEs etc), SLASC, SWC etc. and the effective use of analysis and target setting tools such as ALPS and Power BI.
An Enhanced DBS will be required for this position due to safeguarding compliance