Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million households – impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast drives commerce.
- Design, develop, and maintain the software and systems that drive our DisplayAdvertising systems
- Extend our platform by researching and applying new technologies and stacks to solve business problems
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects with our applications and analytics teams
- Maintain our big data platform by diagnosing, predicting, and correcting scaling problems
- Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field (with significant Computer Science coursework), or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Java
- Proficiency with Postgres, Tableau, Spark, Bitbucket, Python
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Scala a plus
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is preferred
- Excellent communications skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to gather requirements, develop, test, and deploy software
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.