The Deploy and Release team at CircleCI is focused on building continuous deployment and release orchestration capabilities in order to provide our customers with the tools they need to release software faster with near-100% reliability.
We're looking for an experienced backend engineer to help lead our team and define the future of our platform.
This is a full-time remote role as a Staff Software Engineer (Level E4 in our engineering career ladder.) Read our blog post if you'd like to learn more about our internal career growth system.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and refine the practices that make our team effective.
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower the engineers on your team.
- Craft technical strategyto support our product and business goals. Learn about our business problems, explore solutions, and weigh design tradeoffs.
- Write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the beginning. Our tech stack includes Kubernetes, Typescript/React, and Go. You needn't be a specialist in everything; T-shaped folks interested in learning are ideal.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
What you'll bring:
- Years of professional experience with the care and feeding of distributed systems in production environments at scale.
- Experience contributing to a team as a collaborative technical leader. This can be as a team lead, a tech lead, or a lead role on a large, long-running project with significant impact.
- You’re comfortable navigating the ambiguity and change of a rapidly-growing company.
- You know how to work transparently and collaboratively within a fully distributed organization.
- Experience being on call.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Want to ensure that all of our systems – software and human – scale efficiently.
- Model good work/life balance for their colleagues.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, and the Netherlands!
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $144,500 – $170,000/yr
This role will report to Senior Engineering Manager, Michelle Weeks.