SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
Presidio is on the leading edge of a technology-driven movement to transform the way business is done, for our customers and our customers’ customers. Joining Presidio means immersing yourself in a culture of self-starters, collaborators and innovators who make real, lasting change in the marketplace via cutting-edge technology and business solutions. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading a global digital services and solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Sr. Solutions Architect
As a Sr Solutions Architect, you will lead the presales discovery, analysis, architectures, designs, and proposals of relevant solutions that map to customer outcomes and requirements through direct client engagement. A Sr. SA effectively and efficiently leverages presales methodologies, technical acumen, key relationships (clients, internal Presidio stakeholders and vendor partners), and context analysis (Industry, Customer, Technical, Sales) to position and recommend solutions that that deliver long term value.
In this role you will be expected to travel up to 25% in the region (occassional overnight) We have positions based in various locations throughout the United States.
- Understand Customer Current State. Proactivity drive discovery and understanding of customer IT current state, goals, outcomes, and initiatives across Business, Technical, Operational, and Financial facets. Research industry trends and topics and develop discovery approaches. Develop and lead workshops to drive relevant discovery. Document customer current state to assist customer and sales teams target future state architectures and roadmaps.
- Technical Opportunity Leadership. Identify customer stakeholders and their individual success criteria and needs. Create and lead technical solution approaches and next steps aligned to customer stakeholders. Align, vet and coordinate Presidio and vendor partner technical resources as needed. Engage Manager/VP/Director level at clients directly.
- Solution Architecture, Design and Documentation. Analyze and assess client requirements and determine target architecture and design solutions (HW, SW, Licensing, Cloud services, Managed Services, Delivery Services, etc.) and roadmaps. Create and deliver compelling technical proposals directly to clients, including relevant drawings, diagrams, and analysis.
- Technical Excellence & Evangelism. Maintain a high level of technical excellence and evangelism across multiple relevant solution architecture and product areas. Lead the curation and delivery of relevant technical knowledge, presentations, and conversations at all client levels and customer related events. Actively participate in technical champion programs and communities. Attain certifications when appropriate. Learn, discuss, and present new and emerging technical and IT related topics.
- Account Leadership. Actively participate in client account related activities that establish the Solution Architect as a trusted advisor internally and with customers, such as: Account planning, EBCs, social events, etc.
- Team Engagement and Enable Culture. Engage Presidio team members, activity participate in team activities, and contribute on collaboration tools to drive an open, positive, inclusive, resilient, change-orientated team culture. Be a steward of the PRESIDIO CULTURE Teamwork, Execution Excellence, Integrity and Forward-Thinking.
- Partner Relationships. Develop working relationships with vendor partner teams and peers. Contribute to and drive execution of relevant partner vendor GTM strategies.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation. Actively plan and execute growth and career development activities. Seek and collaborate on improvements to presales processes and GTM.
- Enable Others. Contribute to the success of others in sales and presales. Actively mentor and enable others. Share methods, content, and lessons learned with others.
- An understanding & knowledge of common IT operating models, frameworks and practices, i.e. OSI, ITIL,, etc.
- An understanding of Cloud network adoption models and approaches such as AWS Direct Connect
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation, and support of one or more of the following is required:
- Cisco switching and routing on Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, ISR Routers, ASR Routers, and Industrial Ethernet series switches.
- Cisco Wireless Controllers and access points
- Meraki switches and access points
- Security platforms such as those from Palo Alto, Cisco FTD, Meraki MX, and Fortinet.
- NAC platforms such as Cisco ISE or Aruba ClearPass
- Cloud Platform connectivity: AWS, Azure, Google GCP
- Management Platforms such as Cisco DNA Center, Prime, Aruba Cloud Central, or Solarwinds
- SDN & Virtualization:. Architectures such as SDA (Software Defined Access)
- Demonstrated comfort leading presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Drive for trying new ideas and actively seek mentoring and coaching
Additional Desired Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with design, implementation and/or support of one or more of the following is preferred:
- Data Center connectivity such as VPC, LACP
- Security, Compliance & Governance frameworks, and tools
- Authentication / Authorization, Directory services
- Industry Certifications such as Cisco CCIE, CCNP, Palo Alto PNCSE.
- Aruba Switching on CX series switches, wireless controllers, and access points
- Arista switches and access points
- Experience with Cisco Commerce tools such as CCW.
- Presales experience with a strong bias for action.
- Program management or project management experience
- Experience driving complex multi-discipline IT projects
- Experience and/or ability to prepare RFP/RFI response, proposals, and solutions
- Demonstrated comfort leading CIO/CTO level presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Experience with reviewing and/or writing statements of work (SOW) and Bill of Material (BoM) for various types of projects in support of network, wireless, and security
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 7+ years of working experience in systems engineering and/or solution architecture
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a global digital services and solutions provider accelerating business transformation through secured technology modernization. Highly skilled teams of engineers and solutions architects with deep expertise across cloud, security, networking and modern data center infrastructure help customers acquire, deploy and operate technology that delivers impactful business outcomes. Presidio is a trusted strategic advisor with a flexible full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support and staffing services to help execute, secure, operationalize and maintain technology solutions. We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Presidio operates in 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India.
For more information visit: www.presidio.com
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to email@example.com.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.