Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are a Software Engineer who takes pride in what you deliver and passionate about building highly scalable applications, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer who can help us build a new system to bring member data from various sources to UHG.
You will join a great team of engineers to build a set of UI components and micro-services (UI, APIs, streaming) to enable the Common Intake Platform for member data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and implement UI and micro-services, implement telemetry solutions, and build CI/CD pipelines
- Build product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Create innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and to improve the overall health and reliability of the applications
- Define coding standards and best practices
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 4+ years of experience developing applications in React including component design and state management for specific use cases
- 4+ years of experience with Java or JVM languages such as Kotlin
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 2+ years of experience in building microservices using Spring Boot
- 2+ years of experience working on an agile team
- 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 1+ years of cloud experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.