Grow With Us
“In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Whether your office-based or fully remote, Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and the healthcare providers supporting them through a positively different experience.
At Tandem, we strive to put our values into action. Our “Team Up”, “No shortcuts” approach has propelled us to be an industry leader and make significant strides in the diabetes technology space. We are proud to be the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Watch our latest video to see our product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
a Day In The Life
The Sr. Data Scientist is tasked with empowering stakeholders to use data for better and faster decision making across all aspects of the business lifecycle. Will use data and algorithms to help the company scale during rapid growth, improve operational efficiency, and create a revolutionary customer experience. This team member will use Tandem’s data assets to solve data-driven problems, improve operational efficiency through forecasting and automation, identify and prioritize opportunities to improve overall user experience, and improve business outcomes.
- Partners with teams across the organization including finance, marketing, customer support, commercial, operations and other cross-functional stakeholders to identify and solve data-driven problems, run experiments, develop metrics and models, learn, and iterate.
- Participates in the cross-functional definition of a data-centric product roadmap for patients, payors, and providers.
- Develops algorithms and models that will be turned into internal and external data products.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analyses and experiments to product, service, and business stakeholders.
- Provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise in data science including statistics, modeling, machine learning, and AI.
- Uses data to provide unique insights and differentiated experiences for Tandem’s customers.
You’re Awesome At
- Expert knowledge of data science techniques: distribution fitting, multivariate statistics, stochastic modeling, timeseries modeling, design of experiments, Monte Carlo methods, robust statistics, sampling, segmentation, clustering, hypothesis testing, regression, forecasting, machine learning
- Experience deploying machine learning models using cloud platforms
- Programming skills in Python, R, Spark, or similar programming languages
- Data visualization skills: quickly and effectively “tell the data story;” draw from a large portfolio of visualization techniques to bring salient points forward to stakeholders for whom statistics may not be a core competency
- Familiarity with big data technology (e.g., Hadoop, Spark), software engineering experience, and diabetes knowledge are a plus
- Master's degree in computer science, statistics, or other quantitative discipline or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 7 years of experience as a data scientist, through a combination of work experience and higher education
- Data science industry experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: