UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will be the data analyst supporting the technical FP&A platforms and forecasting capability products for UHC’s Employer and Individual Finance team. A great candidate will partner with business (P&L) leaders to define/design solutions and ensure alignment with business and Finance plans (e.g., capital/funding commitments, capabilities, functional impacts, cross functional roles). Specifically working with Oracle’s Enterprise Performance Management software to integrate and validate all environments across multiple areas of Finance.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has been a part of either technical and business finance or accounting teams, as well as experience developing financial forecasts and outlooks as an analyst.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Creates, modifies and runs business rules in the EPM environment
- Develop systematic processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual forecasts
- Maintain data integrity by analyzing data for completeness to meet business objectives, reconciles multiple data sources
- Build complex reports and interfaces using Excel, Smartview, Power BI, SQL
- Performs data analysis, identifies trends, performance gaps, and process improvement opportunities
- Recommends opportunities and/or action plans for improved performance based on business need and observable trend
- Respond quickly to and effectively manage priorities for project requests, deliverables and deadlines
- Be flexible and work comfortably in a dynamic setting, critical thinker
- Work both independently and as part of a team to complete objectives
- Provide explanation and interpretation within area(s) of expertise
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area(s) of expertise
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and leadership ensuring messages appropriately tailored to audience whether delivered verbally or in written format
- Ensure all project requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and support traceability with reviews with stakeholders to obtain approval/sign off
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar experience
- 4+ years of experience in Financial forecast models
- 3+ years of experience with financial software experience such as Smartview, Essbase, Cloud-based Planning Tools (Hyperion, Oracle EPM, Anaplan, etc ) in a reporting capacity
- Extensive Excel experience
- Health care industry experience: provider, payer, medical device, pharmaceutical, or other health services a solid plus
- Experience with SQL and query languages
- Forecasting and Budgeting experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.