Sr Solutions Engineer will support our Engineering Team and will play an integral role in building a holistic view and road map of the company's technology strategy, processes, and information technology road map. Our partners with technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions not only align with the company's overall objectives, but also ensures that the team meets the needs of the company's mission and vision.
You will help with complex requirements capture, solutions architecture, system design and technical project management of variety of software platforms through the REST API framework, Lambdas, and other AWS services. Will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge, designing and developing modern cloud-based applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques. Sr AWS Software Engineer will work on ways to automate and improve development, testing and release processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s) and services.
* Collaborate with Development team members to ensure solid design principles and platform reliability, resilience, and performance/scalability.
* Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed services, APIs, and serverless applications.
* Develop and deploy serverless components hosted on AWS.
* Assists in the preparation of LOEs, project artifacts and migration plans
* Mentor and manage offshore development resources to deliver application enhancements
* Multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
* Translate Business needs into technical requirements and solutions
* Participate in Technical and Business discussions
* Conduct Technical presentations
* Educate team on AWS and participate in deep architectural / design discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployments in AWS
* Build, maintain, and administer systems necessary to maintain a healthy Continuous Improvement (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline
* Maintain, communicate, and drive adoption of cloud operations standards and tooling across IT delivery teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
‘ Proven leadership and collaboration skills
‘ Design and validate that the proposed solution architecture supports the stated and implied business requirements
‘ Exhibit strong leadership presence and ability to interact with key project stakeholders.
‘ Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability, including expertise in soliciting and interpreting customer business needs and translating them into technical design and architectural patterns
‘ Advanced knowledge of AWS services and DevOps.
‘ Should have experience designing and building web application environments on AWS, core AWS services, including such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon RDS, AWS Lambda and Amazon S3.
‘ Understand creation and deployment of API first design strategy.
‘ Hands-on experience designing and migrating applications to AWS highly desirable
‘ Deep understanding of API design concepts and standards (REST, SOAP, etc.)
‘ Experience with software DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools like Jenkins
‘ Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
‘ An inquisitive, detail-oriented mind and a passion for using technology solutions to drive results
‘ Strong written communication skills
‘ High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organisations
‘ Demonstrable teamwork and interpersonal skills